Thursday, March 16, 2006

My Priorities

More people like G. W. Bush as little as I do, than ever before! Congress has approved a national debt equal to $30,000.00 for every person in this country. A preemptive strike on other nations like Iran and Korea are now part of our national policy against terrorism.

The other day, I went online to my pharmacy web site. I chose two medications to be refilled. My insurance and credit card are on file to be processed automatically. All I need do after work along my path home, is pick them up as I pass by the outside window.

Later that day, I finally receive my new medication prescription benefit card effective 3/1/06. It is almost identical to my previous one that expired on 2/28/06. The only differences are that "Convergys" is on it instead of "First Data", and two numbers are different.

Because of time restraints, and to avoid any problems, I resorted to telephoning the pharmacy, in addition to updating the information online. One of my medications was approved for charge at the usual $5 co-payment from my ending insurance. I asked that it be re-submitted with my new insurance plan. It ended up costing me more than a $20 co-payment.

Some of the reasons I enjoy leaving work at 6pm every day are:
1) Driving home at dusk is the only time in any 24-hour period I need not wear shades for my eyes.
2) I precede the water sprinklers aimed along my home entrance walkway that go on at 7pm. (not pedestrian friendly)
3) I get to see my lava lamp on in my window, which goes on at exactly 6pm, via fiber optics from miles away.
4) It is still daylight when I leave work.
5) I am saving a whole bunch of money on my car insurance by living in Florida.
The reason for purchasing the turntable for $30.99 is to last me during the time I have my expensive vintage precision turntable shipped to and from NY for restoration. It will cost hundreds of dollars and many months. I am glad that I do not need to go to NY. I plan to post all of the replies to the buffer advertisement with its picture.

I received my brand new bi-aural professional headsets today, which I purchased directly from Plantronics in Kansas, for $120.00. My material priorities with 14 representing last place:
1) Food.
2) High speed Internet connection
3) Computer systems
4) UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply)
5) Air conditioning
6) Audio and video systems
7) Other electronic devices
8) Condo
9) Clothing
10) Automobile
11) Furniture
12) Traveling
13) Children
14) The Military

The prices of UPS are DOWN. Protect yourself from BROWN outs. (UPS stands for both Uninterrupted Power Supply and United Parcel Service. Brown refers to both a decrease in power, and the UPS Company color. UP is the opposite of Down.)

No comments: