Saturday, September 06, 2008

I Like Ike

I will survive Ike!
Ike is both a hurricane below my state of Florida, and a favorite character of mine from South Park.

Because he's a genius, Ike was accepted into kindergarten early. There, Mr. Garrison nominates him for class president when no one opposes Fillmore (Ike being reminiscent of President Dwight D. "Ike" Eisenhower). The vote is tied, as a little classmate of theirs named "Flora" (spoofing Florida's role in the 2000 US Presidential Election) can't make up her mind and Fillmore's aunt, Rosie O'Donnell, shows up to demand justice. Ike is asked to give a speech on why he should be president to which he clearly states, "Cookie monster... Ike." Eventually, Ike's opponent gives up, and Ike becomes class president (to which he can only exclaim (loudly), "I pooped my pants!"). Dwight Eisenhower was President, fifty (50) years ago in 1958! Rosie O'Donnell is a Joneser from Long Island like me.

No comments: