Monday, February 13, 2006

No Memories

My niece and her new husband live in Winter Park, near Full Sail. That's about thirty minutes from me. They are in their mid twenties, and have visited my first home in Altamonte Springs Florida, two times, for a period of about five minutes. My niece visited my condo in Lake Mary for about five minutes, and they again recently with Patti here, for ten minutes. They brought over the desk hutch for my guest room. I otherwise met with them briefly for two family gatherings. Most of the people I have spent time with over the years are in their twenties. I am interested in Web design and E-commerce. That is also what my niece and her spouse do for a living. I have lived in NY until January 2005, new to Florida, and have not really had anyone to help acclimate me here. My Sister and Father live about two hours from me. The rest of my family is in the Greater NY area. It was lonely here without a friend, an employer, or a roommate. I now consistently have all three. It's interesting how more time has been spent with these three during the past week, than with my closest relatives in years. I know that I was never interested in spending time with my Uncle, nor he I. I am not sure if I did anything to alienate my niece and her husband. I apologize for anything inappropriate I may have unintentionally done to them. I am grateful to my niece and her groom, when they were married in June 2004, for inviting my best friend Nancy and I to her wedding, and especially to allow me to live in their home during their honeymoon, while I found my own first home here in Central Florida. A great many photographs were taken at the wedding, and especially of Nancy and I. We are still looking forward to seeing those photographs twenty months later. I am sure that I have spent more time with Patti than I have with Alison in our lifetime. What say you? I'd like to know.

No comments: