Thursday, February 02, 2006

Groundhog Day

Groundhog Day may be my favorite holiday. It is on every February 2, each year over and over again, like clockwork. Whether or not we continue to experience cold days over and over again, is determined by whether humans believe if an animal sees his shadow or not. It is also one of my favorite movies. It is in my favorite genre of Speculative Fiction, as phrased by a favorite author of mine in 1976, Kurt Vonnegut. When my Nieces were young girls, I told them my favorite book was "Breakfast of Champions". This is a book by him. They thought I was talking about the movie called "The Breakfast Club". Groundhog Day is an existential story of a person's journey towards personal growth. It stars favorite actors of mine. They include Bill Murray, who usually portrays personality and charters most similar to me of all celebrities. It also stars Andi MacDowell, who was born the same 1958 year as myself. The 1993 movie is a timeless, rare brilliant romantic comedy, that I don't mind watching over and over and over again. Today's posting will remain a tribute to this day, and the motion picture. Live each day as your only day. It may be the first and or last day of the rest of your life. De Ja Vu. What say you? I'd like to know.

No comments: