Friday, January 20, 2006

Sign today or forfeit

The printed document, copied and shown below, has been awaiting your signature. It is valid only if signed today. Therefore, if you do not sign today, I will be renting the room to someone else by February 1, 2006. This person came over Monday before you. I need to let this person know tomorrow of my decision on if I will choose him. This is a serious matter that demands your urgent attention. The copy that is for you is below. The printed document is mine, and is on the dining table awaiting you decision. I am looking only for serious and cooperative people living here as of February 1, 2006.

Friday, January 20, 2006
To: Naomi Purisima, 943 Bakewell Court Apt. 101
From: Andrew Lerner, Lake Mary, NY 32746

Your week-to-week tenancy agreement ends January 30, 2006. You paid me $120.00 of the 240.00 you owe me. You are in default of the lease. I will only consider you as a candidate for tenancy beyond the end of your present term if you pay me the $120.00 security deposit by January 22, 2006, and another $120.00 by January 23, 2006. If I do not receive from you this total of $240.00 by Monday, 1/23/06, I will consider it communication from you of your intention to vacate my premises by 1/30/06.
If you do show me your interest in a new tenancy agreement by paying me what you owe, there is no guarantee that I will grant you living accommodation beyond 1/30/06. I would require you to sign a six-month monthly rental agreement, and pay me a total of $900 cash before Monday, January 30, 2006. This $900 would cover the $450.00 for the first month, and another $450.00 for the security. Since this offer may only be made should you pay your previous balance on time, you would need to only give me an initial $780.00 in cash. I have a serious candidate interested in moving into your room ASAP @ $450.00/month and $450 security deposit. Failure to sign below will indicate your promise to permanently vacate my premises by 1/30/06.
We, the undersigned, hereby indicate by our signatures below that:
We have read this full agreement;
We understand all it contains; and
We agree to be bound by its terms and conditions

Please tell me your reaction to a post of mine.

No comments: